The title of the project is "Technology Enhanced Learning and Lightening - TELL it to the world" with the acronym TELL IT. Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) is an innovative pedagogical concept which we would like to implement in our institutions and bring it to a superior level – Lightening –and then share it to other members of the European educational community: TELL it to the world.
The coordinator is Colegiul National CANTEMIR-VODA from Bucharest, Romania and the partners are:
15 TEMMUZ SEHITLERI ANADOLU LISESI, from Nevsehi, Turkey
Jacopo del Duca - Diego Bianca Amato, from Cefalu, Italy
Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Gymnasium Windsbach, from Windsbach, Germany
Lycée général et technologique Pierre Poivre, from Saint Joseph, France.
All partners have experience in European projects, and two of them in Erasmus +.
The duration of the project is 24 months, starting at 1st of September 2017.
The objectives of the project are:
1) developing students’ digital skills in: editing digital materials, accessing the internet efficiently and responsibly in order to acquire new and valuable things, using the virtual groups on current social networks for educational purposes;
2) developing pedagogical skills to our teachers who will improve their teaching with the help of modern technology and they will make their lessons more attractive;
3) intensifying co-operation between European educational institutions by exchanging models of good practice in e-learning.
This objective will be attainable due to the existence of the material base and the skilled human resource.
The tasks and responsibilities among the partners will be distributed as below:
- Romania: conceiving and monitoring, web design
- Turkey: promoting and sustainability, e-learning
- Italy: ensuring communication, social media in education
- Germany: assessment, using the internet in education
- France: dissemination, using audio-video in education.
The meetings that we are proposing to be part of the project TELL IT are the following:
2 transnational project meetings, in Romania and Turkey
4 short-term joint staff training events, in Germany, Italy, France and Romania
2 short-term exchanges of groups of pupils, in Germany and France
2 blended mobility sessions of school learners, in Italy and Romania.
The expected results during the project are:
1) the pupils’ digital skills to edit video files, PowerPoint files, to conceive basic web pages, to access the internet efficiently and responsibly in order to acquire new and valuable things as well as to use virtual groups on current social networks for educational purposes are improved.
2) increased number of digitalized lessons in the partnered institutions.
3) students’ school results are improved and decreases the risk of early school leaving
4) increasied motivation of pupils for learning and self-learning
5) intensified exchanges of experience in e-learning.
Additional results are obtained: developing students’ and teachers’ language skills, developing team spirit, critical thinking, enlarging the cultural horizon, increasing tolerance and understanding towards other fellows.
The main outcomes of the project are:
-a website to promote TEL;
-a virtual group of teachers interested in e-learning;
-a methodological guide on the topic of web design.
83 pupils with fewer opportunities (disabilities, health problems, economical difficulties) will be involved in the project.
In order to achieve the project objectives we propose a wide variety of activities for implementation, communication, promotion, designing particular tools, monitoring, assessment, dissemination, sustainability, organizing project meetings (as host or guest), selection of the people involved, logistic responsibilities and duties, training in ICT/linguistic/pedagogical/cultural domain. All activities are listed in the Gannt chart of the partnership and for each of we developed a plan that includs: target groups, people in charge, the actvity’s objectives, its content, location, time and duration, methods and means used, expected results, evaluation tools and methods, budget.
We also have plans for handling risks which could happen during the project.
Among the most relevant activities are: class attendance in partnered school, training activities and workshops for students/teachers, done locally and transnationally, and dissemination of the project results. At the end of training activities within the transnational meetings, arrangements for recognition or validation of the learning outcomes of the participants will be done (Europass Mobility).
The project will have a great impact at the local, regional, national, European and/or international levels: more motivated students, more attactive lessons prepaired by the teacher using the modern technology, more friendly schools. The interaction and collaboration with teachers from everywhere will make Europe a big staff room where we can share experiences, opinions, impressions.